Adding sub-tasks to user stories

Qamruddin Khaja Mohammad
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2020

Hi All,

I have 20 user stories and need to add 10 similar/same sub-tasks for each of these stories. I have to do this every sprint going forward. Is there a easy or simple way to do this? 

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 17, 2020

Hi @Qamruddin Khaja Mohammad ,

I believe you could speed up your use case with our cloud app Deep Clone for Jira.

• You would simply have to filter for all sub-tasks you want to clone.
  • Click Deep Clone and select the correct project (Important: Do not select "same as original")
  • Enter the key for the desired parent story (see screenshot below)

Don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team if you have questions or feedback.

deep-clone_clone-subtasks.png

0 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Clone an Issue feature will be an easy way to do this Qamruddin. Take a look at this KB here

Qamruddin Khaja Mohammad
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2020

Thanks for quick response Sachin. For new stories, going forward i might use that technique. I am looking for a solution to the stories that are already created to which I have to add sub-tasks.

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2020

Ah ok, if you are trying to move existing sub-tasks from one story to another you can find a solution in one of these posts re-assign a subtask to a different story
move a sub-task to another story

Suggest an answer