Adding and editing customised fields

Gerald Dillon January 3, 2018

Hi, I'm trying to edit a customised JIRA field but I can't work out where to navigate to with the new look and feel. I used to go to 'settings', but now I don't see 'issues' as an option under settings. Where do I navigate too please?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

In the new look and feel there are a couple of options. As an administrator you can type "gg" or "." which will pop up a box for you to type into. Type "custom fields" and select the option availible. this will bring you to the custom field page. 

If that option doesn't strike your fancy you can click on the JIRA icon in the upper left hand corner to get back to the home page. There should be an option for "settings" and then "Issues". 

If neither of these work, perhaps you no longer have the correct permissions?

Sharron Demaris March 23, 2021

You say As an administrator you can type "gg" or "." which will pop up a box  - But where ?

0 votes
Gerald Dillon January 3, 2018

Thanks, I totally missed the new location for the 'Settings' icon. Thanks for your help.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

If you found this helpful please accept the answer so others can see it as well. 

Suggest an answer