Adding additional email accounts in addition to the jira@mydomain.atlasssian.net

Christoph Daigeler October 12, 2012

I am working on setting up the automatic issue creation by email. I am successful for one project...I use the default 'jira@mydomain.atlasssian.net' and associate that to one of my projects using a mail handler.

But I have more than one project. Is it possible to create additional email accounts, one for each project...eg.

project1@mydomain.atlasssian.net'
project2@mydomain.atlasssian.net'
project3@mydomain.atlasssian.net'

Then add seperate mail handlers for each of those.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christoph Daigeler October 18, 2012

Thanks Simon.

Could you confirm if I can use Exchange as a mail server? If so, how would that be done?

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

You should be able to use Exchange for a mail server. See our documentation here - we also have an example using Gmail that should apply to Exchange.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Christoph Daigeler October 18, 2012

Ok thanks. I'll take another look. I thought I read somewhere that you could not use exchange since it is not techincally POP3/IMAP.

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Did a bit of digging, and I'm afraid that SMTP mail servers (like exchange) are not supported in OnDemand.

Christoph Daigeler October 22, 2012

I came to the same conclusion last night. I have been trying to get exchange to work but no luck. I used gmail and got it working in seconds.

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2012

Hi Christoph,

In the OnDemand version of JIRA, only one email account is available for incoming issue creation via email. I'm afraid it is a limitation of the OnDemand version.

This limitation is not present in the download version of JIRA.

Sorry for the bad news :(

-Simon

Suggest an answer