Adding a custom field for Dev and QA time estimates

Deleted user December 15, 2011

We have an original estimate field while creating an issue in JIRA. Is there a way to create another field on similar lines to get QA estimates separately?

I couldn't find a custom field type to meet this requirement.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2011

No, there is no field that behaves similarly in Jira. The "original estimate" is a field which has a lot of functionality hung off it, and it behaves in quite a complex way. All the time-tracking and worklog stuff is hung off it.

I've not seen a (public) plugin that provides a similar field, even one that just holds a duration. What you've found in the Jira toolkit is actually a search field - it allows you to do simple searches on the estimate, it doesn't add anything to the issues.

Thanks Nic. Is there a way to acheive this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2011

Not without code - you need a duration field to store a length of time.

0 votes
Linus Lindroth August 20, 2015

Is there a way to copy the original estimate to a custom field?

Weston Uribe November 27, 2018

You can copy things during a workflow transition "Post Function". 

0 votes

I finally found the field type. It is present with JIRA Toolkit. But now, I can't see the added field on my screen. checked the context of the field and seems alright. Help needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events