Adding Service Desk

Dan September 27, 2017

Will adding service desk allow me to use the approval process in other projects?

2 answers

0 votes
Dan September 29, 2017

Yes, for Software projects. I have found that link already and while it is close,  it is still not quite there.

Why should some one who approves may not be the reporter nor are they the one doing the work? Why should one they need to be assigned, then reassign the task? I get this is a work around but that is a wasted experience in the workflow for a really basic function. 

Also, if I want to record the approvals I should be able to lock a field from all but certain groups of approving users. 

Approvers should be independent of those reporting/doing the work. They could be a stakeholder, lead developer, manager, other developer etc. This is where it doesn't make sense to create a hand-off from the person doing the work, to one not doing the work.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2017

Hi Dan,

When you say in other Projects do you mean the Software projects?

If you're referring to JIRA Service Desk take a look at Setting up approvals:

People don't need a Jira Service Desk license to approve requests; they just have to be customers of the service desk project. 

If you're using JIRA Software and would like to make an approval workflow take a look at How to create manager approval for multiple departments in a workflow.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer