Adding Comments to a filter view for XML Summary

Camden LeBlanc November 6, 2019

Currently using description field for updates related to a specific Jira task. I have to manually add date stamp and type the latest update in. At the end of the meeting I export the fields and use this a meeting minute summary.  I would prefer to do this but instead use the comments.  However I can not add this view under the filter view.  Any Ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

Hi @Camden LeBlanc 

Welcome to the Atlassian community,

If you comment on issue you can use updated field as the last updated date/time however you can't get the latest comment (out-of-the-box) in your issue navigator without the manual task that you do in the meetings. And updating the description field all the time is not a good practice. That should be in comments section.

You need to use an app for this one.

I'm one of the folks behind Snapbytes and Enhancer Plugin for Jira which I could recommend to give a try.  It has Comment custom field in which you can define First/Last comment custom field so that it can be automatically populated upon comments, and you can search against them.

I hope I was helpful.

Tuncay

Suggest an answer