Add people to projects from user management in bulk

Danilo Antonio Araujo Lopez September 30, 2022

Hello.

It is possible to add people to a project in bulk.

I need to hide some projects from certain people and from what I have read it can only be done with the permissions scheme through the project roles.

Currently I have the projects so that all clients can see them using client permissions, I don't use project roles.

But if I make the change, I can't find a way to enter people en masse and change their role, only one by one, in each existing project.

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Danilo Antonio Araujo Lopez 

Honestly project roles is the best way to do this as you mentioned. However you can do this by creating seperate permission schemes and having different groups pulled from an LDAP to the appropriate project.

The reason Projects Roles is best though is scalability.

What I mean by this is that different projects will have different requirements and need different groups granted the permissions. If you do it via the permission scheme level you will be making a lot of permission schemes, one for every unique element you need applied. In this case that would be groups you pull of clients fro some LDAP system

If you use project roles though you can theoretically have one permission scheme and apply the groups on a per project level. And in this scenario the work is delegated out to project admins to have autonomy for this.

In either case you will want an LDAP configured for the groups but project roles are a lot more scalable with a lot less overhead.

best,
Clark

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events