Add multiple request participants at once using copy paste

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Our HR department goes into our termination tickets to add a list of people to the request once they have performed their processes. (They are not agents, and are interacting as customers)

When we first set this up, they had a list of email addresses separated by commas that they could copy/paste into the "Add participants" field, and it would add all of the corresponding JIRA users as Request Participants.

As of today, it is only adding the last user in the list. When I try to troubleshoot, I am noticing that as soon as you type a comma, it blanks out all text entered before the comma. I am also unable to find any other delimiter that this field will accept.

Is anyone aware of a way I can allow my HR department to copy/paste their list of users to add them as request participants? Adding them one at a time is not an option as it is a huge time sink compared to just sending an email, and they will opt to not use Service Desk. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2016

Changing our request security back to "Entering a new participant's email address (this prevents customers from seeing the names and emails of other users)" instead of "Searching for existing users, or entering a new participant's email address" allowed us to use the delimiter, but does not validate that the users have an account, or allow them to be invited. It get's us by, but is not perfect. 

0 votes
Sascha Krieg July 26, 2016

Instead of adding each time the participants manually you could add the users in JIRA. They did not require a Service Desk license. Then you could create a group for and add the users to that group.
That group could be used to set the participants automatically with the Collective Issue View for Service Desk Plugin if some of the users create a Ticket of Service Desk.

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2016

You cannot add groups as participants through the customer portal GUI. Only users or email addresses are valid options. 

We also do not want this to occur automatically, b/c the users should not be added until HR has completed a series of actions on their side, and they do not have SD licenses to advance workflow. 

We also want the functionality within SD without having to purchase a plugin. We simply want the field to accept a delimiter.  

Suggest an answer