Add custom filter to business project "Switch filter" list

Deleted user June 12, 2019

How do I add a custom filter the the Jira Core business project "Switch filter" drop-down list that shows when looking at the Issues page in the project?

I remember seeing somewhere where someone has custom filters listed under the default ones, but I don't know how to add a custom filter to that list.

2 answers

0 votes
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

Hi everyone.
Jira currently doesn't allow you to add Custom filter to the Switch Filter dropdown.

I see we have two open feature request on this very same subject (Server and Cloud).

Please vote and watch the case so that your opinion on this issue may be heard by our development team, comments are also welcome.

I could not find any workaround to allow editing of this menu.

Cheers,
Filipi Lima

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

Hello Joshua,

The steps to add a custom filter to return issues of a business project would be by:

- Click on the search button at the left bar of JIRA Application > Advanced search for issues:

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 16.51.54.png

- Configure the filter you want > Save it with the name you prefer

- To switch between your created filters, you can click in on "View all filters" or click on the star at the top right corner of the filter, so it will start displaying in the sidebar where you can easily switch between then:

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 16.52.41.png

About the "Switch filter" drop-down list you mentioned, I'm not sure I know what is the feature you are talking about. If the steps above are not what you are looking for, could you please provide us a screenshot of the page it used to be and more details about the feature you are looking for?

Let us know if this information helps.

Deleted user June 13, 2019

@Petter Gonçalves  please see my updates here.

Sorry, I couldn't upload a screenshot before. I have seen others are able to add custom filters to this drop-down in a Jira Core Business type project.

For example, in the screenshot below "Open and unassigned" is a custom filter. How do you add a custom filter to this list?

screenshot-11.png

Like # people like this
Michael Daoust June 25, 2019

I am looking for a way to do this as well.

Like # people like this
ccds October 18, 2019

I'm also looking for a way to do that.

Like Dan Goes likes this
Mojmir Jilek December 2, 2019

I'm also looking for a way to do that. Not joking ... really need this!

Like Dan Goes likes this
Dan Goes March 26, 2020

I also really need this.

achimschermuly April 23, 2020

Me too :-)

Like Dan Goes likes this
Ian Chan October 23, 2020

I would like this too. Right now those additional filters are not custom but generated depending on the project template you select when creating a new project.

Like Gregory Pakosz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events