Add custom field under the "Descriptions" header in "Issue View"

Mario Lasan April 12, 2017

I've been looking around for an answer/possible update on this issue, as it would seem I am far from the only one that would like to be able to do this in JIRA.

Currently I have a custom field that does show up under the "Details" section in the Issue View Screen (Using the Default Text Renderer). What I would like to do is to move the custom field to be under the "Descriptions" section, in order to make the text more visible and clean up the screen from clutter.

Is this possible, and how would one go about doing it? If not, I have to say that I find it weird that this kind of simple customization isn't possible in what otherwise is a robust, and highly customizable tool.

Cheers for any answers!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2017

The issue view screen is hard coded to lay out items in panels with logical grouping of the fields - you'll note it pulls out users, dates and system fields from the list, and then custom fields are left in the last section.  There's no way to code the "system field" panel to have arbitrary custom fields added to it.

So, no, you will need to hack the core code to get a felds added to the "system" panel

Suggest an answer