Add a transition condition based on time in status

Esther Strom October 19, 2017

I've been given a new requirement to update our workflow so that an issue cannot be reopened if it's been closed for more than 30 days. Is this possible? 

1 answer

0 votes
Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017

Hi,

Did you try this plugin JMWE, you can run a script in post function.

We have that plugin. I guess what I'm asking is, how do you access the date an issue was closed? Is that stored natively in Jira, or will it only work if I add a custom field that gets set when the issue is closed? I'm assuming since there are native charts and reports that display time in status, it should be available somewhere, but where?

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017

JIRA captures resolved date similar to closed date when the issue is closed and resolution set to done.

Resolved date isn't always the same as Closed date, but I guess if that's the closest we can get, I'll take it.

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2017

Yes, you can use that date. When issue resolution is done(Completely closed) it will capture the resolved date.

Suggest an answer