It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Add a default watcher to projects?

Is there a way to set default watchers for whole projects (include all issues)? I know that creator of an issues automatically becomes a watcher of that issue. Is there a possibility to have every new issue in a project assigned default watchers (a manager for eaxmple)?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hello,

If a user becomes a watcher, the user can get notifications on certain events, which are defined for watchers in the project notification scheme. That is why you should not add the default user as a watcher, you can create a new role and call it "Default Watchers". Then define this role for the same events as for watchers in the project notification scheme. Add your default users to this role. Users in this role will have the same functionality as if they were watchers for issues.

Thanks Ollie,

I had a look and have installed it, however, I cannot find any documentation on how to set it up etc? And searching it seems there have been some issues with this plug in after an upgrade. 

Any tips on getting it set up? I am very new to JIRA so step for a newbie would be amazing. :) 

Thanks

Becky

Hi @Becky Turnbull,

If the above plug-in is not available, you can also use the following two plug-ins

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213851/watch-it-for-jira-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216045/autowatch-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

You can also use the modify workflow configuration to add default watcher, or configure settings notification to automatically send emails to specific people when new issues are created.

Hope it helps.

HI everyone, 

@Ollie Guan {Trip} or anyone else, could you please be a little more specific on the possibility to  configure settings notification to automatically send emails to specific people when new issues are created?

I am looking for an easy way to be added as a watcher to all new issues created on a specific swimlane. 

many thanks in advance! 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

375 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you