Add a comment on the issue when a user approves or declines

Atlassian May 23, 2022

Hi 

I realized that exporting an issue to docx or pdf does not track the approve / reject action.

I would therefore like to build an automation that adds a comment when an issue is approved (e.g. approved by xxx) or when it is rejected (declined by xxx)

I started creating automation and I realized that I should have used multi-state as a trigger, checking all the status changes needed to approve / reject the issueimage.png

I noticed that there are two triggers that could be useful for starting automation, but I don't know how to know if the user has approved or rejected.

image.png

image.png

Do any of you have any ideas to implement this automation using the trigger above so that a comment can be added when a user approves or declines?

In this way I would not have to go to verify the states in the automation, that otherwise would have to be verified every time a new workflow is created

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2022

Hi @Gabriele Cecco 

I think Approval Completed could work for your use case. With that trigger you are able to access the smart value {{approval}} which should contain the final decision. For details about the {{approval}} smart value, please see https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

Eric

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events