Can I add the placeholder attribute to a custom JIRA field in order to present additional info?
It seems I have control over the following properties for a given field:
Edit Field Details:
Configure Custom Field:
But I can't find anywhere to modify the placeholder text
The placeholder attribute isn't guaranteed across every browser, but it would be a nice touch to provide additional information for supported browsers.
Here's a complete list of custom field configurations, but I don't see it there.
1. As the simpliest option - modify "atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\fields\edit\edit-basictext.vm" this velocity and add placeholder ability (i.e. use description as a placeholder)
2. You can develop your own custom field with full support of placeholders in input.
Just to flesh out option 1
1) You'll have to find your home directory and then navigate to
On my instance, it was right here:
2) Then open up the velocity templace file named edit-basictext.vm
Then add the following code to the input element:
3) You'll need to refresh the template cache after making changes:
I couldn't quite get it to work, but that was what I had tried so far.
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot