Add Participants to the list of assignable users

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

Dear JIRA gurus

JIRA 4.4.5, JIRA Toolkit 0.18

I am trying to add Participants to the list of assignable users. However, when I add new permission to Assignable User, under "Choose a custom field", I see all my Multi User Picker custom fields but Participants field does not show up.

Any workaround? Do I have to go in and change JIRA Toolkit 0.18: Participants of an issue module? Do new versions of JIRA/JIRA Toolkit allow you to do this?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

Participants is a calculated field and hence will not show up in the permission scheme. You will have to use a multi user picker field instead.

Royce Wong September 6, 2013

Thanks Jobin. You understood my question perfectly, but using multi user picker field is not going to do what I am looking for. Anyone every attempted to modify the participtant field so it can be added to the Assignable User permission? Or JIRA APIs simply won't allow developers to do it?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2013

You will have to extend the user fields instead of calculated field to do that. It is a change in design for the plugin.

Suggest an answer