Add Participants to the list of assignable users

Dear JIRA gurus

JIRA 4.4.5, JIRA Toolkit 0.18

I am trying to add Participants to the list of assignable users. However, when I add new permission to Assignable User, under "Choose a custom field", I see all my Multi User Picker custom fields but Participants field does not show up.

Any workaround? Do I have to go in and change JIRA Toolkit 0.18: Participants of an issue module? Do new versions of JIRA/JIRA Toolkit allow you to do this?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Participants is a calculated field and hence will not show up in the permission scheme. You will have to use a multi user picker field instead.

Thanks Jobin. You understood my question perfectly, but using multi user picker field is not going to do what I am looking for. Anyone every attempted to modify the participtant field so it can be added to the Assignable User permission? Or JIRA APIs simply won't allow developers to do it?

You will have to extend the user fields instead of calculated field to do that. It is a change in design for the plugin.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

578 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you