Add Issues to Sprint without Edit Issues Permission

Steven_Bruman October 10, 2019

I have several users who would like to use sprints inside of their projects but are unable to add, remove, or move issues in sprints. They have been given the Schedule Issues and Manage Sprint permissions, but also seem to need the Edit Issues permission for some reason.

Most of our users are not given the Edit Issues permission they should not be able to change a large majority of the fields on an issue. The fields that they can change are presented on workflow transition screens. We do have certain user roles who have the Edit Issue permissions in the case that data was entered incorrectly or needs to be updated, but this is limited to a small group of users.

The users who want to utilize sprints do not and should not belong to those roles. How do I allow them to utilize sprints without giving them the Edit Issues permission?

2 answers

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

HI @Steven_Bruman

You can't add/remove stories from sprint without having Schedule issues and edit issue permissions.

please refer below link for more details

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-project-permissions-938847145.html

In general, sprint actions require the Manage Sprints permission. However, there are some sprint actions (e.g. adding issues to sprints, removing issues from sprints) that require the Schedule Issues and Edit Issues permissions.

Thank you. I have seen that page and I am trying to determine if there is any way to change that.

0 votes
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

If your users should be able to create issues they need the "Create Issues" permissions and not the "Edit permission". For a user to move issues they need both the "Create Issues" and "Move Issues" permission. This is done through the permission scheme.

This is possible without giving them any permission to edit issues.

Hope that solves your issue! :-)

My problem does not involve creating or moving issues. My problem is that users cannot add or remove issues from sprints or move issues within a sprint without the Edit Issues permission.

Suggest an answer