Active user count different in 6.3.9 and after upgrade to 7.1.7

Itamar Ben Sinai June 26, 2016

Hi

After upgrading JIRA 6.3.9 to 7.1.7, the active user count does not match.

6.3.9 = 576 active users

7.1.7 = 659 used

In JIRA 7.1.7 when clicking on the link of the user number, I am redirected to the users list filtered by JIRA software access, and the number of users there is 619!!

Is there a reason for the difference?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2016

Probably groups and licences.  In JIRA 6, there's a simple scheme where "active user counts as using a licence".

Under JIRA 7, that's still the case, but you can licence JIRA Core, Service Desk and Software separately, with JSD and JIRA Software users getting access to Core as well.  (So, if you have 100 Core users and 50 Software, you've got 150 active users in Core, as the 50 Software users get Core as well as Software)

I only refer to JIRA software

I see additional difference in the groups themselves

jira-users in 6.x = 488

jira-users in 7.x = 492

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2016

jira-users does not necessarily mean jira-software users.  You'll need to analyse the old and new groups on both systems to work out who has moved where.

However, with numbers being quite close and an upgrade happening, I'd also want to take a look at the upgrade logs, as it may well be that you have damaged user records that the upgrade has fixed by re-indexing.  I'd want to take a close look at the old list and the new and then closely examine the four users who have been added.

Suggest an answer