AD marking users as inactive?

So we changed our AD by adding some user and group filters on our Jira server. Suddenly users, which were retrieved from AD prior, we marked as inactive. We could not mark them as active again.

Can anyone explain this behaviour?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Timothy,

• Are the users marked as inactive in AD?

If they are marked inactive in AD that would make sense and marking them active in AD again would allow you to mark them as active again.  If you mark them as Active in AD and still cannot mark them as active try the suggestion in the Community post Solved: Within Jira, a specific AD user will not reactivate.

Cheers,

Branden

Hi Branden,

These users were being retrieved from AD as active users. We change the AD user directory by adding user and group filters. They were getting thousands of unwanted users and groups with the original Base DN. We wanted to reduce this to a reasonable number :-)

Suddenly these users, which were being retrieved as active user before had an [X] beside their full name and were inactive.

Don't quite understand what happened...

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 43m ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

38 views 3 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you