In the ACP-600 Exam Details document, one of the important concepts to master is:
Which configurations (schemes, versions, components, etc.) are shared versus unique when new projects are (1) created from template or (2) with a shared configuration?
Some clarification on this subject would be highly appreciated.
I haven't taken the ACP-600 exam but the ACP-100 and ACP-400 ones, you'll find details on this in the documentation:
About shared configurations:
- When you create a new project from a template, that project is created with its own set of schemes. These schemes are:
- a permission scheme (default)
- a notification scheme (default)
- an issue security scheme
- a workflow scheme
- an issue type scheme
- an issue type screen scheme
- a field configuration scheme (default)
- Sometimes you may wish to share schemes among your projects, so that editing one scheme changes that scheme in several projects at once.
- You can select Create with shared configuration to select an existing project and to use that project's schemes. Note that when you're sharing schemes, any change to the scheme will affect all the projects using that scheme.
Hope this helps and good luck with your exam!
Exam ACP-600 can be paid for only with a voucher. The exam and the preparation course come as a bundle. Visit this page for the details: https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification/certifications/exam-acp-600
Hi @Manon Soubies-Camy I found information that I believe is a bit contradictory?
From page 23/147 in the skillbuilder Issue Security in Jira:
"When projects are created from a template, they inherit 7 of the 8 schemes, including:
• Issue Type Scheme
• Notification Scheme
• Permission Scheme
• Workflow Scheme
• Issue Type Screen Scheme
• Field Configuration Scheme
• and Priority Scheme
By default, projects created from template do not inherit an Issue Security Scheme."
I've done some tests on both Jira Server and Cloud and can confirm that issue security scheme is copied when creating a project with shared configuration.
It is a bit confusing, you need to distinguish "Create with shared configuration" (i.e., copy a project) from "Create from template" (e.g., based on a general template like Scrum or Kanban). So, to recap:
Hope this helps!
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event