A post function transition for moving issue to the bottom of backlog

Alireza Panahi January 16, 2020

I'm looking for the post function transition that changes the place of issue to the bottom of the backlog.

In my case, when every issue moves to the DONE state should go to the bottom of the sprint backlog.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Hello @Alireza Panahi ,

Changing the rank on a transition is not something that is possible with the native functionality and I am not aware of any add-ons that can accomplish this in Jira cloud, and it primarily comes to the Rank functionality being designed around the drag and drop capabilities for a visual referance to issue priority arrangements, and the Rank field is not meant to be edited in way manually and left to the applications Board capabilities to manage the positioning.  Additionally in traditions when moving between columns there is no option to change the rank so that users do not accidentally re-rank issues when dragging them from column to column.  Issues will maintain the same order between columns, and require a secondary ranking operation once transitioned if desired.

As covered in the following Feature request Noting it is closed out as "Answered", changing rank as a post function is not an option that we are planning to implement into the applications capabilities:

However I am having some trouble understanding your use case of:

when every issue moves to the DONE state should go to the bottom of the sprint backlog

When an issue is moved to done it should no longer be in the backlog as the issue is completed and no additional action is needed.  What is the reasoning behind wanting to chang the issues Rank post close as there may be a better solution for your use case or possibly something process wise that could be changed to optimize the workflow.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer