A different flavor to "only when assigned" question

So, I'm trying to have issues be hidden at all times but once they are assigned to 1 dev, I want them to be able to be viewed by QA also.
Why this is difficult is, I don't see a permission that fits all of this.

You can limit it to current assignee, but that keeps the other guy from seeing. If I could assign to 2 users that would be fine also.

If I open it up to all they will be able to see all issues including ones I don't want them to see.

Thanks for any help.

2 answers

did you tried issue security level? you can restrict to indivisual user, groups or project roles

check this document for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+Issue-level+Security

If I open it up to just groups, then they will see other unassigned issues that are in the same project, correct?

That's why, it seems, I have to limit it to assignee.

Unless you can help me find another way. I want issues to be private until they are "released" to anyone, at that point, anyone can see them.

Thanks.

I guess I'll ask, how would you do it?

Thanks

your question is how to restrict to issue to two people, is it correct?

if yes then you can create mutiuser picker field and add user to that field.

using issusecurity level you can restrict to people who are in that multi user picker.

check th document it has more information

That sounds right, is there any way you can explain more?

The documentation show apples, oranges etc. It doesn't not show how use multi users with security levels.

Thanks

Rambanam is correct: add a multiuser picker field ("Visible to"). Then once assigned add people to that Field (e.g. your QA persons). Add in your Security level that this issue is visible to assignee and members of customfield "Visible to".

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,760 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot