It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

2 transition with the same name

Hello friends,

It is possible to use the same name, for 2 different transitions:
ex. 

From Status A to status B transition name: Approved

From Status A to status C transition name: Approved

Could you please help me?

2 answers

Hi @Cristian Ionescu ,

Yes, it is possible; but you need some extra efforts. 

1. Add from Status A to status C transition name: Approved
  2. From the diagram-editor Add from Status C to Status C by reuse transition of point 1.
  3. Delete the transition from point 1.
  4. Add new transition From Status A to status B transition name: Approved
  5. From the diagram-editor Add from Status A to Status C by reuse transition of point 2.
  6. Delete the transition from point 2.

Hope this will help you and others. If so please accept the answer or let me know if you have any questions?

Thanks,

-Amit

Hello @Cristian Ionescu 

Yes you can have a same transition re used for issue moving to different statuses.

As a example I am attaching this screenshot for your reference. You can see that Close transition is used twice in the workflow.

Picture1.png

Just to clarify, that only works if everything but the destination of the transition is identical. If Approve from A to B has different conditions, validators, post functions, etc. than Approve from A to C would (which is fairly common), then you can't re-use the transition, and you can't have two separate Approve transitions with the same name. 

This is one of the things that drives me nuts about Jira, as having transitions with slightly different names is confusing to our end users, who this should be transparent to.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

344 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you