Send notification based on JIRA status using Jenkins

Maro Hamamjyan October 10, 2019

Hello,

Is there a way to send notifications to some users (customers and agents) based on jira ticket status using Jenkins? I think about executing a shell for that, but the problem is that I would like the email to contain ticket details (I would like to use Jira variables, such as summary, key, link to ticket, values of some custom fields, etc...)

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Maro Hamamjyan October 10, 2019

Hello Tanya, you are right, this would work if I needed to send notifications to only users who have license... but in my case I need to send notifications to a group of users who do not have license in JIRA, they are just customers, and they need to be notified on different statuses. Using organization also will not help in my case.

0 votes
Tanya Gordon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Why using Jenkins? It sounds like a post function in a Jira workflow. What do you mean "based on Jira ticket status"?

You can also save a filter based on some defined criteria and subscribe users to receive emails. This way all saved columns will be included in the email.

Suggest an answer