JIRA Cloud - Error when cloning a sub-task with a custom field.

Deborah Genevro February 3, 2021

Another user asked a question on a different board and no one answered or commented. While I do not have an answer to her question.  I am experiencing the same problem. 

I am unable to clone a sub-task.  The error displayed when cloning a sub-task with a custom field is:  "Can't clone this issue.  Unable to copy value from field "custom field name" to "custom field name".

JIRA Cloud, Custom Field, Sub-task and Parent task screens are set to require the custom field which in our case is Client.  Client is a select one from the drop-down list.

I've tested this using two scenarios:  1) The parent task has a value of Client A and the sub-task has a value of Client B.  I was unable to clone the sub-task. 2) I repeated this test and this time I made the client the same for both the task and sub-task.  I received the same error in both cases.

"Can't clone this issue.  Unable to copy value from field "Client" to "Client".

Can anyone lend some insight?  Does cloning a sub-task even make sense?  Does the

1 answer

0 votes
Sarah Green April 12, 2021

We are receiving the same error. No insights, but would be great if someone can help us out!

2021-04-12 10_20_45-Clipboard.png

Suggest an answer