Do you share Atlassian knowledge? How?

Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

Hi,

I am gathering information about how the Atlassian community share knowledge. Are you one of those great community members?

What is best way of sharing knowledge? This site? blogpost? Books?

Free or paid courses, Videos, etc.?

I will be presenting at the Barcelona Summit and I would like to gather information that could be used for those attending to the presentation so they can find an analyze what is available in the market, from free knowledge transfer to paids ones.

Feel free to responde here.

I also asked a question a while ago in how do you get training, follow the question here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/What-are-the-resources-that-you-use-to-learn-more-about/qaq-p/804638#U807755

11 comments

Comment

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

I like to share my knowledge by doing presentations at AUG meetings, free workshop for our AUG members or sharing how we develop community environments like the one for Warfighter Made

Here is the first post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Teamwork-articles/Unleashing-the-power-of-Collaboration-to-overcome-the-Sadness-of/ba-p/675148

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

HI @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)

Thanks for bringing this question.

As we can see nowadays lots of people are joining the community and whenever they feel some difficulties like they don't know or how can achieve with the Application or stuck somewhere else immediately they will post the question/discussion on to the community forum and they will get the quick response as well.

If suppose someone has posted the questions and we know the answer or not so before replying to that post we will also check once or confirm from our side then we will share the same thing to others or replying to that post so here we are getting some time or moment to revise that point.

As my point of view, this is the best way to share the knowledge.

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2018

It is true, i just found an answer to a problem that I was trying to solve and the post was from 2016, but someone posted the solution a week ago with a just released add on that is on my next to do list for testing

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2018

I usually write blog posts regarding efficient usage of Atlassian systems in a shared space of my company. 

In community I write Articles, answer questions and contribute in discussions. I think community is a best platform for share and gather knowledge as target audience is here. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2018

Perfect approach, we just launched internally a series of micrloearning units (less than 4 minutes) so our team can easily see how to solve specific problems. It is working very good (usually videos) and now other users are jumping with their own version as well

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2018

That is wonderful. Guess we could adopt your method to increase efficiency of knowledge sharing. 

Deleted user June 1, 2018

Hi @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California),

I'm an AUG Leader so I like to share knowledge by giving presentations and opening the floor to the audience at set intervals for discussions around the subject matter. 

I'm also a Site Admin, so the sharing of knowledge I find is different; I tailor the learning experience to the users' limiting free time by creating videos recorded within their Atlassian Applications and keeping the subject short. I find that users can go at their own pace and can choose what they want to learn from a library of videos I am steadily building up.

Hope this helps with your presentation :)

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2018

Great thanks! and keep working hard as AUG Leader!

I wrote this 2 part article to help AUG leaders as well, feel free to chime in

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Teamwork-articles/Atlassian-User-Group-AUG-Leader-A-look-under-the-hood-Part-1/ba-p/695828

Deleted user June 4, 2018

Thanks @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California),

Actually when I was looking to host my first event as an AUG Leader I found your article very helpful.

Glad I got the opportunity to thank you directly :)

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

You are welcome and Feel free to expand the article with new ideas. The goal is to smooth the AUG on-boarding process.

Deleted user June 7, 2018

Thank you @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California), I am currently finalising the following article, "How to get your non-development teams on board for using JIRA Software". Once this is published I will be looking for another topic. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2018

@[deleted] that is a very good topic and I will wait for it as we are in that process right now

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

Great topic @[deleted]. That is something we are looking for. 

Deleted user June 7, 2018

I will add a link to the article here as well for you both :)

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

I like writing Articles here on the community ... especially about user macros. They are a seriously under valued part of Confluence but can be super helpful.

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2018

thanks!

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2018

@Davin Studer articles about user macros are very helpful.

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

@Alana FernandoI agree, sometimes it is better the articles written by users that the actual macro documentation. I am not sure if that is because the rush on releasing, but some little pieces area always missing. Probably due to the familiarity with the actual macro

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

Making an attempt to answer questions - recreating scenarios from questions asked and troubleshooting them to find a solution. That is my method of knowledge sharing :-)

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2018

A very good method! thanks!

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

In China, we have set up the WeChat group. There are more than 200 people in the group. We share our experience through instant messaging and solve various problems raised by new users

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

Ollie, thanks for taking the time to post your experience. Do you convert those chat on confluence pages or knowledge base articles?

Deleted user June 6, 2018

That is cool, the instant feedback must be great for anyone having issues. 

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

Of course, we summarize our experience in the knowledge base and translate it into Chinese, and share it with Atlassian users in China through the WeChat public account platform

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2018

Perfect! and thanks for sharing

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2018
Emily Errico June 21, 2018

All of the new knowledge about Atlassian products I learn gets written as a Confluence page for our company to share and discuss. I try to offer solutions in the Atlassian Community, but I'm almost always beat to the questions I know the answer to. I have a lot of learning to do before I need to find more ways to share my Atlassian knowledge. :)

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2018

thanks for sharing, you are not alone, we are all on the same boat and enjoying the ride

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

I love being super active on the community !

Our company also has access to paid training sessions by our Atlassian Consultants AVISI. We go when there's budget and time.

Also participate as much as possible in the AUG Amsterdam MeetUps :oD

Internally we hold Lunch Knowledge Share sessions and for in-depth Atlassian NERDing we occasional do evening Pizza Sessions - like knowledge share, but more HANDS ON !

@Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California) : Hope you have an amazing time at the Summit. Enjoy giving your presentation!

julin williams August 17, 2019

I like to share my knowledge by doing presentations at AUG meetings, 

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events