What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group.

I want to group them in four categories

From Atlassian - Free (e.g. AUG, Community, You Tube, blogposts, etc.)

From Atlassian - Paid (e.g. University, books, etc.)

From Community - Free (e.g. youTube users channels, blogposts, etc.)

From Community - Paid (e.g. Partners training, books, etc.)

Thanks in advance for your feedback and I hope this page will help those that are looking for some training and knowledge transferring.

Regards,

Fabian Lopez

AUG Leader Temecula, CA | Palm Beach County, FL

The other side of the coin here:.... https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Do-you-share-Atlassian-knowledge-How/m-p/807760#M3564

9 answers

19 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2018

Pinging the minds of @AnnWorleyand @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-though not a sustainable model :D

Simon Haighton-Williams May 25, 2018

It's not often thatI get the chance to steal @Nic Brough (Adaptavist)'s thunder, but the shiny new  http://learn.adaptavist.com/ is a bit different than the other paid for learning resources out there.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

Jonatan, lol you are not the only one ;)

7 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2018

From Atlassian - free

I really love the microsites offered by Atlassian; not sure if there's an official list of all these somewhere but I have benefitted from all of these (general interest, not just product-specific):

For non-beginner content, the product release notes are always helpful! There's a rollup up all the latest product releases with links in to the release notes at https://iapetus.fyi (the release notes are Atlassian-provided, but that rollup site is third-party)

From Atlassian - paid

I've heard that the exam prep materials are decent. The online courses seem to be well received as well. No personal experience with either though.

Community - free

• Subscribe to articles in your favorite collection here on Community
  • Ask questions at an AUG - chances are somebody in your area has worked with the product you need help with even if it isn't your AUG Leader

Community - paid

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2018

As always, your answer is great. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

Community articles are a great way. You may not find that the article is 100% for you, but often times you will get a nugget of valuable info that you can use elsewhere.

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2018

I agree, same with the Atlassian microsites and blogposts

Like Christine Sharp likes this
2 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2018

When you want to watch or read about something there are plan of resources that you can find. The problem starts when you want to play a little bit with Atlassian products. Where to find a sandbox? How easily set up whole environment and in practice learn more how everything is working.

For many years Atlassian Dragon Slayer was very useful. Game it is still available.. Unfortunately it is completely out of date since you would need to install a EOL versions (e.g JIRA 6.x). I posted a discussion about this but there was not too much of discussion really (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Here-Be-Dragons-should-be-updated-or-not/m-p/749477#M2688) . I would really like to see this game updated, but probably it will not be.. sadly..

2 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2018

Good News. I got confirmation that I will be presenting this topic at the upcoming Atlassian Barcelona Summit, so if you develop training or knowledge sharing, please let me know.

I want to be sure that those attending to the presentation will have a lot of resources of all types so they can decide what to consume. My goal is to be objective and comprehensive, but all help on this will be beneficial for the whole Atlassian ecosystem so feel free to chime in

All information gathered will be shared on AUG meetings an blogposts as well. Thanks for your help

Regards

Fabian

Marcia Biggar July 13, 2018

Fabian, that is great news about Barcelona, so jealous.  I will put you in the list for the Adaptavist After Party if you are interested.  I already have your contact info:)

2 votes
Celina Zamora May 24, 2018

@Bridget Sauer Thought of you! 

1 vote
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

Hi Fabian! Atlassian Solutions partners are a great source of Atlassian Product knowledge. Some of them, like Valiantys and //Seibert/Media (among others), offer regular free webinars that seek to inform attendees about Atlassian products. As well, many Parters host "Atlassian Days" throughout the year, a number of which are free to attend and likewise contain a lot of useful information; we've attended all of Deiser's Enterprise Days, and the Atlassian content is always top-notch. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

Wonderful. I really appreciate that and I will add that to the presentation.

Is there a place in the community where we collect all the Atlassian related events, that should be very good resource for users around the world and it could be organized by region or country, or global in the case of webinars (probably by language or timezone ....)

A community calendar were we all can post upcoming events (free should be ideal so we don't overload it

@Monique vdB @Erica Moss  i think this is a good idea for the comunnity wish list ;)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 7, 2018

@Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California) Feel free to post that as a suggestion in our Feedback forum!

1 vote
K H May 31, 2018

I have been using the below sites to learn more skills to use confluence the way we need to:

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

Thanks very much for the links provided, I will check them and include it on my presentation as well.

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2018

I remember those days... I hope they create something similar for the new versions of the products

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2018

Well, since there are so many good suggestions here can I post the link to this page?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/What-are-the-resources-that-you-use-to-learn-more-about/qaq-p/804638

Or would that create a feedback loop that will destroy the universe?

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2018

Haha, I tested and the Universe is still ok. Thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events