52 comments

Arsen Ibragimov April 23, 2021

Awesome!

Like Yerbol Nisanbayev likes this
Ilia Tsvetkov April 23, 2021

Thank you, these are nice improvements

Petar Sabev April 23, 2021

Would this be available in the "Advanced search" screen, since now is just available in the "Issues" screen?

ashley.frost April 23, 2021

Great improvements - Bring it on :0)

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Those improvements are welcome! (y)

The density between issues with multiline summaries looks a bit too dense to me. Could be a matter of habit.

Like # people like this
Priyank April 23, 2021

@[deleted] - yes i see it now, Thanks! - but only in NextGen Project - in backlog view - is that correct? 

any plan of having this on AdvancedSearch view too ? and our good old friend - classic projects ?

Like Jehosúa Ibuarben likes this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2021

@Petar Sabev yes, we are currently introducing more features into the Issues screen with a plan to have Issues replace Advanced search. Read more about that and watch the ticket to follow our progress here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74155 

@Charlie Misonne - thank you for your comment, we have reviewed the density for multiline summaries - take another look.

@Priyank - in NextGen Projects you need to go to Project settings -> Features and enable Issue Navigator. In Classic projects you will find the changes on the Issues page. Yes there is a plan to have these improvements added to Advanced Search. Read more about that and watch the ticket to follow our progress here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74155 

Like Petar Sabev likes this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

@[deleted] thank you!

Daniel Franz - JXL
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 26, 2021

This is an awesome release Yerbol and team. Great improvements!

To @Илья Угляница @[deleted] and others looking for more inline editable fields and features, check out JXL spreadsheets in Jira. All fields are inline editable and you can even update them by simply marking, copying and pasting.

Like # people like this
mhenderson April 26, 2021

Thanks, this will be very helpful.

Are there any plans to be able to color-lock an individual variable on a pie chart? For example, to make it so that the status "Open" is always red and the status "done" is always green in a pie chart on a dashboard?

@Yerbol Nisanbayev 

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

I get VERY concerned when I read things like "this issue navigator [will] replace advanced search in the future".

I did follow the link to JRACLOUD-74155 and it did not reduce my concerns.

As a power user, I almost always bypass the "basic search" and go straight to the Advanced Search. I literally cannot use basic search or Issue Navigator to do a LOT of what I do every day.

Here are some things that Advanced Search can do, but Basic Search and Issue Navigator cannot:

• Handle JQL (I can literally type most of my searches faster than lots of clicks)
  • Sort results based on a column NOT in the results
  • Add columns in the results (this is not listed as "coming soon" for Issue Navigator in the link, but was mentioned in a demo video)
  • Reorder results columns
  • Bulk change
  • Basic import
  • Share search

Careful attention to FULL parity with Advanced Search functionality is critical, prior to getting rid of it.

Like # people like this
Theresa Hessel April 30, 2021

I'm not seeing this new functionality yet.  Is the release still being rolled out?

Like Monika Khandare likes this
Monika Khandare May 3, 2021

Hello Atlassian Team, 

Is this feature available for Jira standard could version?

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

@Theresa Hessel yes, the new functionality is out for 99% of customers. There is a tiny group of enterprise customers that may get the features a bit later in the first week of May.

@Monika Khandare Yes, it is. 

Like Monika Khandare likes this
Monika Khandare May 6, 2021

Thanks @Yerbol Nisanbayev , can't see the upgrade feature in our instance yet. But will wait by tomorrow as per the timeline you have mentioned.

christina.lohr May 7, 2021

Maybe try to make the pictures and gifs a little bigger next time. They are just a blurry blob of differently coloured text and not very useful that way.

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2021

Thank you @christina.lohr , will do 👍🏼

Marcus Wong
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2021

@mhenderson Hey, PM on Jira Dashboards here. Thanks for your suggestion for colour-coding specific Pie Chart statuses. While we don't have short-term plans for implementing this, we are currently laying the foundations for stronger customisation capabilities into dashboard gadgets, which will include colour options in pie charts.

Stay tuned :) 

Like # people like this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021

Hi @Yerbol Nisanbayev 

Server updates for the same ?

Is it planned or in the Roadmap, please let me know

Thanks,

Pramodh

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
February 3, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M , this will only be available in Cloud I am afraid, no plans for Server. 

Thank you,

Yerbol.

Like Pramodh M likes this
Daniel Franz - JXL
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2022

@Pramodh M Tip: if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, JXL for Jira offers this functionality, and much more... It's available for Server, Data Center and Cloud. Server only directly via us, not on the Atlassian Marketplace. Disclaimer: I work on JXL : )

Like Pramodh M likes this
fabila March 16, 2022

Hello Atlassian Team

I'm still not seeing this feature on our Cloud instance, can someone give us a hint on how can we get it?

Amina CHAYEB March 27, 2022

Hi,

Is this available for free edition?

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
March 27, 2022

@fabila please make sure you are looking in the Issues item in the side menu of your project. This issue navigator is very similar to the advanced search, so it's easy to mix up the two. We are working on this though and in the future, the features will be the same across all types of search.

@Amina CHAYEB yes, it is

Chelsea Lasko October 13, 2022

In the list view I cannot use some of the fields as expected. 
I cannot choose a Category but I was able to create a list of categories. When I choose a value from the list nothing populates. List-Sage-Tech-Portal-Category.png

Also when I click on the Comment field, nothing happens. My expected result would be that it would allow me to enter comments there or view them from there. 

Like Jehosúa Ibuarben likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events