Unblock users in Jira with our new unsent email audit

Hello Community 😃

In addition to my previous announcement about unblocking new user invites in Jira, I am here to share more good news, we have now launched the much anticipated audit log for unsent issue emails in Jira 🥳.

Jira project administrators can now use the Issue email audit to monitor email suppression and unblock emails after bounces or other errors.

Go to: Project settings, Notifications, Issue email audit. Search by email address or user name to check any undelivered issue notification from the past 21 days. Use the filter to only display emails you can unblock.

If the email is on a suppression list, you will see an option to unblock. Once you select unblock, those users will start receiving issue email notifications again within an hour.

Project CMP_logs.png

Now, you don’t need to contact Atlassian Support to unsuppress your users and can get your team back to collaborating all by yourself 🙌

Give it a go and please do share your feedback with us, we love hearing from our customers 💙

12 comments

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2024

These updates are great - thanks @Megha and Atlassian!

Any idea on timeline for this roll out and when we can expect to see it in our instance? Thank you

Megha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2024

Thanks @Yatish Madhav :)

This feature is now available for all customers on continuous release tracks. Note: you must be a Jira Project admin to access the email audit logs for that project.

Like • Yatish Madhav likes this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2024

Ah awesome! I see it ... I was looking under a JSM project instead of a Jira project.

Thanks for that @Megha 

Like • Megha likes this
Dr_ Inho Bae
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2024

Thanks @Megha! I see it in the Software project but not other types of projects, such as Service project or Business project. Is not available in there or simply I missed something? 

Like • # people like this
Davide Giglioli June 14, 2024

Thanks @Megha ! I just saw that this feature is NOT available for Jira Service Management project. Any plan to have it on JSM? every month we have to create a ticket with Atlassian to clear the suppression list.

Megha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2024

Hi @Dr_ Inho Bae, you haven't missed it, for the time being, the Issue email audit will not include email notifications from business projects. And for service projects, customer notifications logs are available

Like • Dr_ Inho Bae likes this
Tyler Krzanowski June 14, 2024

This will save us a lot of time reaching out to support to unsuppress some of our users!  

Like • Megha likes this
Megha
Atlassian Team
June 17, 2024

Hey @Davide Giglioli thank you for your feedback, for service projects, customer notifications logs are available but if you are asking about JSM users those logs are not yet available. I will be sure to share your and everyone else who has raised similar feedback with the team.

Michael Rossi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2024

@Megha I would just like to echo that our business is also waiting for this feature to be in JSM.

Thank you

Like • Megha likes this
Odette Vuletich June 19, 2024

Is there a feature to unblock on a domain /organisational level rather than in individual projects? Having to potentially go into every project twice a month to unblock individually is not a solution that would be workable for us. 

Ingrid Heitmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 19, 2024

Thanks @Megha , great if this could be extended to JSM projects as well. I am aware of the Customer notification logs in JSM, but mostly I cannot do anything to actually unblock them. 

Roman Pankovski June 23, 2024

Great news @Megha !

Waiting for this feature to be added to our JSM projects!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events