Now Available: AWS Service Catalog Connector for Jira Service Desk

We are excited to share that AWS Service Catalog Connectors for Jira Service Desk (JSD) Cloud and JSD Server/Data Center are now available in the Atlassian Marketplace. Users can now request admin-approved AWS services from Jira Service Desk without having to log in to an AWS account, and IT teams can deliver excellent service with quick approvals and a central spot for service requests.

As highlighted in AWS’s recent announcement, by connecting AWS Service Catalog and Jira Service Desk:

• Admins can use existing AWS Service Catalog configurations, including curated products, portfolios, constraints, and tagging, and expose them to JSD administrators and users. 

• Admins can view AWS Service Catalog portfolios and products, align them to organizational structures, grant access to JSD users, and connect JSD workflows to provisioning requests. 

• JSD end users can browse and request provisioning of AWS Service Catalog products, including AWS Marketplace software products that have been copied to AWS Service Catalog.

• Plus, Internal customers can request AWS resources directly through JSD so there’s no need to switch screens. Once in JSD, approvals can be automated and customized so that these requests flow through the system quickly with no blockers.

Simplified AWS product provisioning. This integration provides administrators with governance and oversight over their AWS resources. 

Simplified AWS product provisioning..png

Convenience and efficiency. Internal users can make AWS Service Catalog resource requests in the same place they make other service desk requests, reducing the need to learn a new process or jump between platforms.

User Convenience and efficiency.png

Responsive resourcing. Users will have confidence that when they request AWS resources they will be available quickly - which means they can resource their projects using just-in-time demand.

Responsive resourcing.png

To get started and connect your JSD and AWS Service Catalog, you can visit the Atlassian Marketplace or go to “Add-ons” in your Jira instance to find and install the AWS Service Catalog Connector for either JSD Cloud or JSD Server and Data Center. You can learn more about the partnership and product integrations across Atlassian and AWS at https://www.atlassian.com/partnerships/aws.

*If you're in attendance at AWS re:Invent conference this week, you can join one of the build sessions to configure and install: Build IT lifecycle management with AWS and Atlassian Jira Service Desk

3 comments

carlos.sanchez March 6, 2020

Is this compatible with Next-Gen projects? The documentation looks like it is for Classic and I can't seem to add the Issue Type in my Next-Gen project

If it is not compatible with Next-Gen, does anyone know if and when they plan to add compatibility?

Thanks!

Philbert May 19, 2020

Hello,

I'm done integrating our AWS account to Jira using AWS Service Catalog Connector for Jira Service Desk.

apparently, As I tried creating request from project, It seems that approval button is not visible on the approvers view.

Below is the steps I've done:

- integrate AWS account and test connectivity - Done

- add the project to "projects enabled for connector"

- configure the requestor and approver for the project

Thanks!

Amaresh Ray
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2020

@Philbert apologies for the late reply. Are you still having trouble having the approval button appear on the approvers view? Does your request type have an approval step?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events