👋 Jira Cloud’s old issue view is going away soon

254 comments

Colin December 20, 2022

Not looking forward to being forced to use an inferior layout with a garbage WYSIWYG editor!

Like # people like this
Sherri Reynolds December 20, 2022

I like that I can easily change a ticket from a Story to a Bug in the Old View.  Also the Rank to the Top Function.  

Like # people like this
Shelley Keys December 20, 2022

I go back to the old view often to see what the Type is.  I can't see to find that on the new view i.e. Change Request Workblock.

Like # people like this
Mark Chally December 20, 2022

I don’t use the new view for two reasons:

1) It keeps me from entering time on a quarter-hour basis. Seems to insist on half-hours.

2) It doesn’t have the ability to enter time on an epic’s task from the epic view.

Getting rid of the “old view” before fixing these shortcomings is unacceptable.

Like # people like this
Greg Bailey December 20, 2022

More than one vertical scroll bar on a web page is bad UX and makes the new view a pain to use.

Links should open in a new tab. 

Account specific settings should be more robust.

Like # people like this
Victor Martins December 20, 2022

The old view is awesome.
The new view makes me feel the exact same reaction I had to Windows 8 when it came out.

Please don't ruin your product.

I hope you're reconsider your actions @Ahmud Auleear 

Like # people like this
Victor Martins December 20, 2022

where am I even supposed to put the workflow transition buttons on the new view??
@Ahmud Auleear 

Like Wilfried Danzinger likes this
Bryan Ye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2022

@Victor Martins Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 3.13.18 pm.png

You can find your workflow transition buttons in the status dropdown. Just select the down arrow on a status and you should be able to see all available transitions.

Let me know if this helps, or if you're looking for something else.

Like Michael Johnson likes this
Bryan Ye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2022

@Shelley Keys @Sherri Reynolds @Karen Rabalais Thanks for your feedback!

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 3.15.15 pm.png

You can view and change the issue type on the top left of the issue view. Let me know if this helps or if you're looking for something else.

Like # people like this
Bryan Ye
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2022

@Krassimir Manolov 

We've just released early access to dark themes in Jira. Feel free to turn it on in your instance to try it out. For more information, see: Help us test Jira’s new dark theme 

Like Krassimir Manolov likes this
Anjali Jaiswal December 20, 2022

The old view is necessary to update custom fields and more userfriendly.

Cannot work with new view

Like # people like this
Beck, Patrick December 20, 2022

I completely dislike the the right side bar and without massive improvement I never will. In the new view I need to click through different sub menus to correctly administrate a ticket, like starting a tempo timer. That costs me a heavy amount of extra time. Why increasing administration time for a ticket is called a improvement in your eyes, I don't know. One click in old view are now 3-5 clicks in new view and when you need to make about 3 klicks of that kind, you need one or two extra minutes do administrate a  singele ticket. That is not an improvement that is reducing, maybe even sabotaging, user productivity and experience!

In general the performance and working experience with Atlassian has been a downfall through the last years. Since introduction of the cloud only solution, working with Atlassian is no longer fun.

Like # people like this
Sanket Chaudhari December 21, 2022

The old view is definitely many times better than the new view. New view is not at all user friendly and takes more time than the old view. Sad to see the old view go away.
Old view is a very good option and instead of getting rid of this useful option you should have just left the old view accessible while you work on getting the New view better with more fast and helpful options.

Have seen many users not happy with the New view so if you guys are actively gathering feedback then getting rid of the Old view is NOT at all a good idea.

Like # people like this
Mercedes MarottaKelly December 21, 2022

I am very disappointed because you are removing what I use every day and for every issue.
I work 8 hours a day on it. I can't use the new editor. It's terrible.
I don't understand why you should turn off the ability to choose.
Why close something that is better than the new? Because you want to work on it?
Please reconsider your decision

Like # people like this
sander_jager December 21, 2022

Like MANY others here, the new view is just horrible to use. New view really does NOT provide the desired and needed information for many, me included. And just to cut it as a whole is no way to do it. Now we can click more to search for the same information we then previously had in one overview. "Let's fix what is not broke"....

Like # people like this
matheus.miranda December 21, 2022

Is there a way in the new view to add multiple issues as we had in the old view?2022-12-21 09_26_59-[ADIOP-146636] Newsletter_SF_20221227_SPoC_ProfileEnrichmentCONFIRMED - Wundertr.png2022-12-21 09_27_04-Link - Wundertracker.png

Like # people like this
Mark Richardson December 21, 2022

Same issues as most everyone here, plus if you're not an admin you're stuck with the mobile first default new view.  I bet people who spend most time in JIRA aren't mobile users...

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to JIRA / Confluence please?

Like # people like this
Ronald Verheul December 21, 2022

Why? The new view does not work!

If the new view is really better, why do you think so many of us still us the old view?

Like # people like this
Ofer Koren December 21, 2022

Add to the lists -

You have to scroll down just to find the horizontal scrollbar of inner panes (no-format sections), and then scroll back up to see the text you were after...

Like # people like this
Bryn T Hird December 21, 2022

Echo what is stated by matheus_miranda.

We use old view for one reason - we can bulk link a significant number of issues together. With the new view this becomes onerous and will slow work down considerably.

Provide a solution to this and our reason for the old view disappears. I can live with the rest.

Like # people like this
Ofer Koren December 21, 2022

Add to the lists -

• Sooo much screen real-estate is wasted on either side... we have wide screens - let us use it to display information, not just white pixels!!
  • You have to scroll down just to find the horizontal scrollbar of inner panes (no-format sections), and then scroll back up to see the text you were after...

Screenshot 2022-12-21 125120.png

Like # people like this
Gary Crosthwaite December 21, 2022

Just to echo what others have stated, I also hate the look and feel of the "New view" but did think this day would come, unfortunately.

I find the old view much quicker and cleaner to use when creating issues/tickets (which I do a lot) and the formatting doesn't seems as forced as it does on the new view. When the new view was initially introduced it did feel like change for change sake, rather than actually improving things.

Maybe folk (Jira PO's)need to realise that one of the reasons it has maybe become so popular, is because it's been relatively clean and simple to use.

Like # people like this
rita_ruvinsky December 21, 2022

It is not very comfortable that when you have a large chunk of code (for example) inserted, there is no scrolling bar for it, so you have to scroll down the hole inserted section which may be relatively long.

In the old view there is only a small window with few line and you can scroll down the code if you want, but scrolling the main window will get you further down the page.

Like # people like this
Emerson Sapatini December 21, 2022

Hi, is it possible to let this announcement show in the banner at the top of all pages in Jira, for "all" users, with the link to this site, including for users of the new view?

Like # people like this
pablo.ganuza@dzsi December 21, 2022

Really, who asked for the new one? What was wrong?

The new view is a painfully slow minefield of dynamic nonsense.

Do not remove the old view, just rename it as PRO/ADVANCE/HACKER/JUST_FOR_DEVS or whatever you want.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events