Introducing Jira Align!

31 comments

vinayak_kumbhakern December 15, 2020

@M Amine thank you. so just to reconfirm what I understood from yes is that... an org/company can purchase license for just Jira Align and can start managing the work of individual Scrum/Kanban teams (very similar to what one can do in Jira), correct?

Sridhar Gandla December 16, 2020

Yes.. Korrect!! 

Jira Align is best for manage the work of Multiple teams I e Scaling of Scrum like program or portpolio . unlike JIRA is for project 

Mark Corrigan March 24, 2021

I have always been a fan of Jira software.  The only problem for me was its inability to embrace the structure below.  I.e. it works at Epics and User Stories + Tasks.  Jira Align Seems to handle all of the levels but you cannot get at the connected nature of the information easily (use it to manage projects well) without extracting xlsx dumps. And you can see all Epics and then all Features and then all User Stories and Tasks but only from 3 different buttons on JA left menu.  You will need a data cube (access to query JA data cube?) to combine this into useful information.   What has really disappointed me in JA is it totally lacks the seamless way that Jira software works.  Ie.  Anyone who knows Scrum knows that the Product Owner is an essential player who needs to Groom the Product Backlog regularly in order to queue the most important user stories for the Scrum Team to complete their Sprint backlog.  An on the other side of the sprint the Demonstrate and Validate process is a crucial step to ensrue that teams are Done Done as opposed to Undone.  I.e. again the Product Owner needs to approved the work demonstrated and cycle repeats.  In Jira software this process is very visual, intuitive, easy to do and pretty much all achieved via drag and drop (easy to do in scrum meeting).  In JA it is clunky and definitely not as user friendly.  I.e. for example Jira Software User Stories are simply dragged from the backlog onto the Epic (Feature?) and tagged by the system.  Then as User Stories are burned down in the sprint the % complete of the Epic (Feature?) is easy to see and simple to understand.  This is very important from an ITIL Release Management perspective and Scrum product ready to ship perspective. In JA this is hidden in all the trees of columns and rows and I notice that teams are often flummoxed and lost as to exactly where they are at and what they are looking at.  Digging for meaning has replaced productive and fun scrum meetings using Jira Software.  While I fully understand the need for portfolio management and a top down approach (if SAFe is being driven) this can cause requirements to be imposed on a scrum team from above (like a wet heavy duvet) and agility can be lost.  Possibly it needs to be Aligned some more.  Hope I am still alive in 2030 when they finally get there.

epicsfeaturesuserstoriestasks.jpg

Trang Vo February 7, 2022

hello, is it possible to have a trial version ? 

Bob Leake May 20, 2022

Are there any executive PowerPoint presentation about Jira Align? It is hard to get in the door without something. I have executives who want to know but you don't get an hour with Execs. I have been unable to find anything. Whether you like slideware or not it is a reality. 

Shanmuga Narayanan Pitchaipillai November 14, 2023

Can we evaluate Jira Align ? similar to that of Jira software and other atlassian products, - Evaluating Jira Align seems unusually limited for enterprise customers without having to finalize on the process itself. 

We like to approach tool, process and people evaluation at the same time rather than having process and people alignment , as in 2023 with multitude of tools availability we would like to evaluate how each tool will fit for our requirement and ease of adoption. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events