Introducing Advanced Roadmaps

114 comments

The Cuong Bui August 12, 2020

Awesome, this is promising for project management.

Jordan Jolly September 8, 2020

@Matt Lawrence with our company being relatively new to JIRA, but now using it in full swing all I can say is that I was extremely disappointed to see that next-gen projects are not supported in advanced roadmaps. We only have Next-Gen projects, and I was really looking forward to trialling Advanced Roadmaps and then rolling it out across all of our teams - only to find that's not possible.

We have a lot of simultaneous projects running with a small team, so cross-project tracking is essential for us. Next-gen projects don't support agile boards with multiple projects OR advanced roadmaps. What is the point of having a project type that doesn't support basic functionality? 

Ridiculous 

Jordan Jolly September 8, 2020

@Malte Scholz will do. Cheers!

Allen Fazel October 9, 2020

Can I attach Epics to Initiatives with Standard ! 

Helen Khamooshi November 19, 2020

Thank you for the update.

A lot of tech companies which start using Jira are start ups. They simply don't have much money to spend on Jira. $7 per user per month for a standard package going to $14 per user per month for a detailed schedule is a lot and that is only available for classic Jira users. I only want the advanced roadmap as a reporting tool and see conflicting deadlines. It will only be used by two people not every users. For this cost, I prefer to create a speadsheet or other tools available.

Stephan Grubbe Sølby November 19, 2020

@Helen Khamooshi @Matt Lawrence Indeed! THe licence model of Atlassian is not totally fair. This can be seen across many use-cases and add-ons. QA dept own test-apps, all users are paying, confluence is not suitable for intranets since all users are readers and the list goes on and on. To bad JIRA is the best issue tracker at its core ;-)

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2021

Very useful information, thank you!

Jeff Doyle January 28, 2021

I have a mixture of next-gen and classic projects.  I've pushed my bosses to look into the advanced roadmaps as I believe it had the potential to really help us - especially the spanning across projects element.  I'm stunned to see that it only works on Classic projects - this is a huge drawback and will likely scupper our chances of this working.

When are next-gen going to be able to work in tandem with classic wrt roadmaps?

Justine Violante {Appfire} February 5, 2021

Hi @Matt Lawrence and Team Atlassian,

Is there any update on when roadmaps will be available for Classic projects on Cloud with a Standard Subscription? 

We are deciding between waiting for the release or using either Aha or Product  Plan integration.

Many thanks

Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2021

@Justine Violante {Appfire} The roadmap is now available for classic projects and next-gen projects. You can turn the roadmap on for your project in the board settings. 

@Jeff Doyle Thanks for the feedback. We can't share a timeline for when Advanced Roadmaps will support both next-gen and classic, but it is something we are currently looking into. 

Rita Carnes March 22, 2021

@Josh Frank - we have a couple of teams we need to delete so they don't show up in the list of teams to select for future epics however, we don't want to lose history of the teams field for the ones in the past.  Can you control what teams show up when a user selects it at inside an epic?

Pete Morris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2021

Hi @Rita Carnes - no, there is currently no way to determine which teams show in the team field. You may want to consider renaming these teams to note that they should no longer be used. We don't hear this request a lot, but I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you.

Paul S December 17, 2021

I have a question about the display of fields on the roadmap:

Background:  Our roadmap will display only epics only (not stories) and the roadmap will be shared with our business team.  Because these stakeholders won't see the stories, the epic names must be descriptive enough for them to understand the epics.  

On the other hand, we don't want to create multi-sentence epic names because this will create noise for the dev team.  

Therefore is it possible to create a custom field (let's call it "epic description" ) that will display to the right of the epic name? 

roadmap.jpg

Arash Aghlara March 7, 2022

We use cloud and upgraded to Premium plan, still cannot see this "Plans" on the JIRA. Should we do anything else?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events