How do I customize default (logged out) dashboard?

I've customized the default dashboard users see once they log in. I'd like to also customize the page that users use to login. Right now, all that's available is a login box.

3 comments

Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2013

Hi Steve,

Adjusting the Default Dashboard can be done from the Administration Panel. Type g g to bring up the quick Navigator and type System Dashboard, or go to Administration > System > User Interface > System Dashboard. From here you can customize the system dashboard which is shown to users before they log in.

Full documentation can be found here.

As for changing the Log in Screen, this is a bit more involved, but can be done by following this tip. Please note that customization such as this is not supported by Atlassian. So please take care making these changes.

Cheers,

Ivan.

Like MJ likes this
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013

Glad I'm not the only one looking for solutions like this, I wasn't able to solve something similar - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/69419/any-way-to-apply-permissions-to-gadgets

Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2013

This Login Gadget is controlled by Login.xml, to customize that you will need to follow the steps at the top of [This Page - Customizing the login Gadget]. You can use this XML to add text to your login dashboard!

Like MJ likes this

Comment