Create Confluence pages without leaving your Jira issue!

TL;DR: You’ll soon be able to create Confluence pages without leaving the Jira issue view! Only Confluence customers will see the option to create Confluence pages directly from the Jira issue view. Connect Confluence to Jira for free to try it out.

Note: This update is not supported on server products.

Update March 13: We've temporarily rolled back the feature to make some improvements before releasing it to general availability by the end of the month. We appreciate your patience!

Hi Community friends 👋! I’m Elsie, a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team.

A few months back, we launched the ability to view and edit Confluence pages without leaving your Jira issue, and your response has been incredible! Hundreds of thousands of you have been using the integration to gain context for your tasks and projects. 

That’s why today, I’m thrilled to share that by year-end, Confluence and Jira users will also be able to create new Confluence pages without leaving the Jira issue they're working on

How do I get started? 

If you use both Confluence and Jira, you'll find two new 'Create' buttons on the Issue View in Jira Software and Jira Work Management.

To create a Confluence page:

[Issue View M2] Admin Newsletter Asset.png

1. Click the new 'Create' button below the issue title and choose ‘Page’ from the dropdown menu.
  2. Or, click the '+' button in the 'Confluence content' section, then select the 'Create in Confluence' link at the bottom. Choose ‘Page’ from the dropdown menu.

After clicking ‘Create,’ a pop-up will guide you to enter a title and select a space or parent page. Then, you can start creating within an embedded Confluence editor with rich editing capabilities!

See it in action 🪄

[Issue View M2] Create Entrypoint 1 with cursor - updated (2).gif

The same experience applies when you create from the ‘Confluence content’ section:

[Issue View M2] Create Entrypoint 2 with cursor - updated.gif

Parting thoughts 💭

Whether you're adding product requirements, drafting a testing report, documenting a product decision, or capturing meeting notes – this update aims to make it easier to add the context your team needs to tackle tasks and projects effectively.

As always, your input is invaluable as we work on making Jira and Confluence better together for your team. If you have questions or feedback, please leave a comment below!

Sneak peek: Confluence Whiteboards are coming soon to Jira 👀

Noticed the ‘Whiteboards BETA' option in the Create Page flow? Confluence Whiteboards will soon be available in Jira! This means you’ll be able to visualize ideas, concepts, and workflows without having to leave Jira. Learn more here.

11 comments

Jacob Zhang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2023

Finally! This process saves me soooo much time! Thank you! 🤩

Markus December 21, 2023

When will this come out? This would be immensely helpful right now

Like # people like this
Elsie Wang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2023

@MarkusWe just introduced the update to 50% of the Jira + Confluence users and will gradually make it available to everyone by around end of January!

Neil Dugdale
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 11, 2024

do i need to ask my admin to turn this function on as I cant see it in the latest version of cloud?

Elsie Wang
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2024

@Neil DugdaleHi Neil, you might not see this release yet due to our feature rollout being gradual. However, by the end of January, you'll be able to use the feature without needing your admin to enable it manually. It'll automatically be available to your team if you have both Confluence and Jira today :) 

Italo Alessandro Celle Igreda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2024

Hello @Elsie Wang 
When will this come out?

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2024

Just checking in, @Elsie Wang, I don't see the Create drop down with the link to create a Confluence page.  Does this need to be turned on, or is the feature still being rolled out.  It's not there in either my Jira or JSM instances. Thanks,

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this
Elsie Wang
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2024

Hi @Dan  – we've temporarily rolled back the experience to make some improvements before making it generally available. We hope to roll the feature back out by the end of the month – it will be automatically available to you if you have Confluence!

We really appreciate your patience. 

Like Tyler Nguyen likes this
Elsie Wang
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2024

Hello @italo – we hope to roll the feature out for all users by the end of the month – it will be automatically available to you if you have Confluence!

We really appreciate your patience as we're working to improve the experience :) 

John G April 16, 2024

How can I remove the Create Confluence content button? I have a service desk project that does not require this at all, and it's adding one extra button to the already cluttered UI. Thanks

Like gfriedmann likes this
Krish Loku April 19, 2024

I used the feature, however it does not transfer the Jira ticket contents automatically to the confluence page. It is just creating a link to the Jira page only. Could the contents be automated as well? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events