Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group by category doesn't work on list preview

Adi Sofer April 9, 2023

our Jira project is categorised, and have worked perfectly.
but for the past two weeks the group by categories in the list preview doesn't work.
used to show just one category of "unategorised" but now there's non of it and wont load.
what can i do? how can i fix it ? 

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

Hi @Adi Sofer and welcome to the community,

Indeed that is a bug as well stated by @Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira . You may choose to move your issues to a company managed project, where the group by category doesn't have an actual problem.

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2023

Hi @Adi Sofer

this is a known issue that has been reported here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-292. Consider watching and upvoting.

Best,

Hannes

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2023

... and just to put this out there: For an immediate solution, this would work as expected in the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira:

group-by-category.gif

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. In a sense, JXL has a few things in common with the list view, however it comes with many advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue groupings by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting. Plus, JXL works in (and across) projects of all types, not just Jira Work Management projects!

Any questions just let me know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events