Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validators do not work when doing transition using drag and drop on board

Sebastijan Bauman June 5, 2023

I created validators for required fields. My transition from To Do to In Progress is simple, with only 3 validators:

• If a value for fields AssigneeDue dateOriginal estimateStart date is not provided during the transition, show the following error: This field is required. 
  • Verifies that field Due date is greater than or equal to now. Only date part.
  • Verifies that field Start date is greater than or equal to now. Only date part.

They are working fine when doing the transition using a drop down in the Edit Issue screen and when a filed value is missing, an error message is returned. However when doing the same transition from Board view by dragging and dropping the issue on next status in the workflow, all validators are ignored.

I don't have any transiton screen configured, because I don't need it and I am using a business project template.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 14.30.27.pngScreenshot 2023-03-15 at 14.30.36.pngScreenshot 2023-03-15 at 14.31.02.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

Hello @Sebastijan Bauman 

You have posted your question in the community for Jira Work Management. Can you confirm for us that this concerns a Business/Work Management type of project?

I tried to recreate your scenario with a Work Management project.

If I transitioned an issue by changing the Status (while viewing the issue details) then I did get a pop-up that the transition failed.

If I transitioned the issue by moving the card on the board I did not get a pop-up and the issue stayed in the column where I dropped it.

However, if I refreshed the screen or looked at the issue details then I saw that the transition did not complete and the card was shown to be in the status where it had started.

Did you observe the same behavior, that the change of status didn't actually "stick"? Or if you refreshed the board was the card still in the status to which you moved it?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events