Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Jira Work Management to track performance

Temi Adenuga August 14, 2022

Hello  Experts, 

I recently started using Atlassian for my small business with hopes of improving operational efficiency amongst others.

• Confluence for process documentation
  • Jira for work management and task tracking

For confluence, what is your best advice on how to approach the process creations?

At the point of creating an issue in Jira work management, Is there a way to allow my user select a particular task they are working on and choose the relevant process in Confluence?

And when they choose the process, is it possible to have something like a that automatically itemizes the steps the user needs to take and lists them on the side of the issue? [We currently add the checklist manually with an app - smartchecklist]

Screenshot 2022-08-14 at 23.11.12.png

Then, when moving a task into review, can we make sure the user is able to select a reviewer and that opens as a new subtask assigned to the reviewer while it marks the current task as in review?

And when the subtask is approved by the reviewer, the original issue is marked as done. If declined, the original issue goes back to "in progress"

I know this is a lot in one message but I'd really love to know if these things are possible and how

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Temi Adenuga 

You might take a look at this recent article to see if it helps answer some of your questions related to Confluence.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Work-Management-Articles/Welcome-Confluence-Cloud-to-Jira-Work-Management/ba-p/2095452

And for the second part of your question, yes you should be able to do all of that using Automation for Jira. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events