Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Timeline view: Epic -> task -> subtask hierarchy

Edited
Olivier I'm New Here Apr 20, 2022

Hello,

My team is using Jira Work Management as a project management tool and would like to see the tasks listed under their respective epics and subtasks under their respective tasks (in drop-downs) in the Timeline view.

However, tasks and epics are currently not linked to each other in the Timeline view. They are listed as separate issues. Is there a way to change this?

I saw this question in the community from last year but there didn't seem to be a recent answer about a recent release.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It's just in Jira Software Projects (Kanban team-managed). I don't know why, because it's a very helpful feature.

0 votes
John M Funk Community Leader May 05, 2022

Hi Olivier - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should click on the Give feedback button on the bottom left of the Jira Work Management project and let them know you would like to see the visual of the hierarchy. 

was this solved? 

Olivier I'm New Here May 11, 2022

No, it's not possible in Jira Work Management at the moment.

Like John M Funk likes this

Is there a tentative date for this? 

The Difference  between Roadmap  in Software Project and the Timeline in Business Project, is just the name I reckon...   the code should be pretty similar.  So implementation must be quick. 

In case this is going to take longer,  which template do you recommend me to use If I want to have the List View and the Timeline, but with the Epic / Task / Subtask  grouping available. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Regards, 

Like # people like this

I think we all understand that it's not possible currently, but other threads noted it was coming (last year even) and so really the question is WHEN will we be able to utilize 3 levels of heirarchy in the Business (Work Management) projects? 

@John M Funk is there something you can provide us with on that ?

This is super important for me also. 

Like Kari Boots likes this
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 07, 2022

Hi @Jane Yeoh  - Any update on this? 

Like Kari Boots likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Work Management

Join us for a live demo of Jira Work Management

Interested in learning more about Jira Work Management? Have questions you want to get answered? Join us for our upcoming live demo where we’ll take you through the essentials of Jira Work Manageme...

1,688 views 4 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you