Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Timeline view: Epic -> task -> subtask hierarchy

Edited

Hello,

My team is using Jira Work Management as a project management tool and would like to see the tasks listed under their respective epics and subtasks under their respective tasks (in drop-downs) in the Timeline view.

However, tasks and epics are currently not linked to each other in the Timeline view. They are listed as separate issues. Is there a way to change this?

I saw this question in the community from last year but there didn't seem to be a recent answer about a recent release.

2 answers

It's just in Jira Software Projects (Kanban team-managed). I don't know why, because it's a very helpful feature.

2 votes
John Funk Community Leader May 05, 2022

Hi Olivier - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should click on the Give feedback button on the bottom left of the Jira Work Management project and let them know you would like to see the visual of the hierarchy. 

No, it's not possible in Jira Work Management at the moment.

Like John Funk likes this

Is there a tentative date for this? 

The Difference  between Roadmap  in Software Project and the Timeline in Business Project, is just the name I reckon...   the code should be pretty similar.  So implementation must be quick. 

In case this is going to take longer,  which template do you recommend me to use If I want to have the List View and the Timeline, but with the Epic / Task / Subtask  grouping available. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Regards, 

Like # people like this

I think we all understand that it's not possible currently, but other threads noted it was coming (last year even) and so really the question is WHEN will we be able to utilize 3 levels of heirarchy in the Business (Work Management) projects? 

@John Funk is there something you can provide us with on that ?

This is super important for me also. 

Like # people like this
John Funk Community Leader Jun 07, 2022

Hi @Jane Yeoh  - Any update on this? 

Like Kari Boots likes this

Any update? 

Like Kari Boots likes this

I also need this feature. 
@John Funk @Jane Yeoh  any update?

i suspect now that since @Olivier accepted an answer this thread gets very little visibility.... not sure if there's a way to UN-Accept it to make it "unanswered" again? (Sorry @MKE for the incorrect tag)

John Funk Community Leader Aug 08, 2022

I have marked it unaccepted. 

Like # people like this

This seems like a basic need to have three levels of hierarchy. Any update?

Like # people like this

Hi, another couple of months pasted and still not enabled. Anyone aware of any update to this?

Like Yong likes this

Would love a solution to this. It's so weird to have the hierarchy in the list view but not have 3 levels of hierarchy on the Timeline. It's also annoying that you lose all hierarchy when searching for something.

What I would like to do is create isolated views of an epic and it's tasks and subtasks that I can embed or share a direct link to.

We need this feature in Jira Work Management. Any updates if/when this is happening?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events