Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Value code

Gaspard DUPUIS June 27, 2023

Hello, 

For my project I am trying to create an automation that would just keep the first line of the description of my tickets. Therefore I would like to find a smart Value Code that could delete every other lines and keep the first one. 

I am desperately trying but I can't figure it out. 

Please feel free to ask me any question if I wasn't clear enought. 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2023

Hello @Gaspard DUPUIS 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Does the first line end with a consistent character, like a period? And is the first use of that character always going to be at the end of the first line?

If the first line will always end with a period, and there will not be another period in the line before the end of the line, then you could use something like this to get that first line:

{{issue.description.substringbefore (".")}}
Gaspard DUPUIS June 28, 2023

Hello, 

Thank you so much it was very helpful

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2023

@Gaspard DUPUIS

I've been playing around with this, but I haven't been able to find a specific way to get just a single line from the description.

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events