Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Creation

David Cossa June 21, 2022

Hi, I wanted to know if it is possible to create sophisticated business processes with jira workflow creation tool. Created similar processes that you can create in power apps or K2 forms and views?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 13, 2022

Hi, @David Cossa 

Smart Jira Forms add-on exactly meets your needs. For hiding different fields depending on the user use Form logic.

For item 1,4,5,8 use drag-and-drop form builder 

image.png

And one more solution from my team - Business Process Manager plug-in. Try it out if you need to build workflow with dynamic due date, approvers, and automated ticket transition,

David Cossa July 18, 2022

Thank you. This is helpful.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hi David - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would say yes, it can - but that depends on what you mean by your definition of sophisticated. If you have an example of one such type, we could weigh in on that. 

David Cossa June 21, 2022

Hi John, please look at the below scenario:

1. A workflow which has a form, this form has validation fields. In fact, more than one form with different fields but uses one workflow.
  2. On the form, you can hide different fields depending on the user.
  3. The form must have buttons (e.g Submit, this submit button must also validate fields before submission), which when clicked can move the process to next step of the workflow.
  4. Form must be able to manipulate data (like mathematics manipulation and so on. On K2, this is done via views and smartforms, a bit different from Power Apps.
  5. Must be able to attach documents on the form and validate if not attached.
  6. Must allow pop up message for successful submission, or in some compulsory field is not inputted.
  7. Fields must be saved on a DB
  8. Must support drop down field (if employee is Junior, Intern, Perm etc). This drop down can either be static data or dynamic from DB

Please look at this link and let me know if you can build such. No need to go in detail since it can waste your time but just do a scan through.
    Workflows: workflow example (5min) 

Please see form image example below, and bare in mind each field is connected to a DB field, starred field mean mandatory!

Screenshot 2022-06-21 183300.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events