Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Configuration Fix -- Issues no longer automatically organized in drop down

Brady Gibson June 30, 2022

Hello, 

For some reason, the issues on the List view stopped organizing themselves according to which Epic is assigned. Previously, the List would have a drop-down arrow, which would then show the sub-stories or tasks for each Epic.  Now, there is no longer a drop-down button and the epics/stories/tasks are organized randomly in the List view, which is not helpful. I re-checked the issue cards and they are still correctly linked as a sub-story/task for each Epic. There is still a drop-down for sub-tasks for each Story or Task but not the Epics. 

Is this a bug? Is there a way to re-configure this? Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 2.22.54 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2022

Hi @Brady Gibson

I can't seem to find the previous thread anymore, but IIRC, this feature has been (temporarily?) disabled. I would assume it to come back soon, although I don't know a date.

Best,

Hannes

Update: See e.g. this comment: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Work-Management-Questions/How-to-expand-all-issues-from-List-View/qaq-p/2050280#M3697

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2022

... and just to put this out there, for an immediate solution, you may want to try the app that my team is working on: JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields, among many other things. It also allows viewing your issues in their hierarchy, with the expected expand/collapse functionality.

This is how it looks in action:

hierarchy.gif

JXL integrates into the project sidebar, and many customers use it successfully as an alternative or extension to Jira's native list and search views. JXL also works with any project type, i.e., Jira Work Management, Software, and Service Management.

Hope this is useful,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders