Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to expand all issues from List View

This morning my team-managed business project view expanded all issue types:

List view expanded.png 

Now, it's collapsing all as I open the list view:

List view collapsed.png

I haven't changed any settings. All of a sudden, it's just collapsing by epics. How can I change this back so that the default view is an expanded view?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jun 08, 2022

Hi @Victoria Inman , I have been attempting, unsuccessfully, to default to an expanded view of issues under the list view. I assume that is the view you are looking at?

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do, and the view worked for me this morning and all of a sudden for no apparent reason, it has changed. Thoughts?

John M Funk Community Leader Jun 08, 2022

Hi @Jane Yeoh - Did something change with being able to save the expanded view? 

@John M Funk , how do you save expanded view. I have not found any means of doing so.

@Victoria Inman , I have never opened the list view where it was expanded. I have had to expand after opening the view. With that said I have not used the list view much.

John M Funk Community Leader Jun 08, 2022

I think that's the point - you can't save the view where you left it the last time. 

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Ok that is consistent with my findings/understanding.

For the last 2 weeks I've been using this list view and it's never defaulted to a collapsed view of epics. Only today did the change take place. It's not useful and I'd like it to go back. Was wondering if anyone had a solution to it.

Maybe contact Atlassian Support for input? I guess it is possible that a change was rolled out changing the behavior.

Jane Yeoh Atlassian Team Jun 09, 2022

Hi @Victoria Inman ,

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like the view you are seeing now is the nested view (Epics > Tasks > Subtasks) which we recently shipped while in your previous view, you were seeing Epics and their tasks un-nested. 

We are working on a quick expand all/collapse all capability so you can choose if your view is expanded or not. This will take a few weeks for us to implement, so we thank you for your patience while we work on this!

Like # people like this
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 10, 2022

@Jane Yeoh  - That's fantastic news! Thanks for sharing!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Work Management

Join us for a live demo of Jira Work Management

Interested in learning more about Jira Work Management? Have questions you want to get answered? Join us for our upcoming live demo where we’ll take you through the essentials of Jira Work Manageme...

1,665 views 4 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you