cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira automation based on latest mail recipient

Nedda Caldas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2023

Hi I use the Jira Service desk, I would like know if it there a way to do an automation based on latest mail recipient. I mean, when a ticket is created and there is a response, there is a chance that the last recipient will be updated.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2023

Hi @Nedda Caldas and welcome to the community!

I'm not sure what you mean by "last recipient".  Requests that are generated by email use the message sender as the recipient.  Depending upon notification settings, subsequent comments are sent to the reporter, assignee and any request participants/watchers.  

So, "last recipient" isn't really as relevant as the reporter, assignee, request participants, and watchers.  Perhaps you can provide a little more context into what your goals are for this automation?

Nedda Caldas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2023

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for your response!

Basically I want to update the ticket status (state) in Service desk based on latest mail recipient, i.e. I have two status possible: "pending internal review" or "pending external review", and according to whom the last mail is sent (recipient from my company or not), I want to automate this status.

Do you know if this is possible ?

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2023

So you're trying to establish whether the last comment author was an agent or someone external?

If that's the case, you could do something like this:

• TRIGGER: Issue commented
  • IF CONDITION:
    • Advanced
      This will check if the comment came from inside your email domain
      • {{comment.author.emailAddress}}
        Contains
        YOURDOMAIN (e.g. example.com)
    • Advanced
      This will check if the comment is a public comment
      • {{comment.internal}}
        Equals
        FALSE
    • Status Not Equal Pending Enternal Review
      This prevents an error when the status is already in Pending External Review
    • ACTION: Transition Issue (to Pending Enternal Review)
  • ELSE
    This will be the inverse of above:
    • Advanced
      • {{comment.author.emailAddress}}
        does not contain
        YOURDOMAIN (e.g. example.com
    • Status Not Equal Pending Internal Review
    • ACTION: Transition Issue (to Pending Internal Review)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events