Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues are not appearing in board view, they were there yesterday

Sean Collier June 15, 2021

I have a JIRA cloud instance of Work Management. We use it for collecting and resolving maintenance issues. My project team typically works from the board's view to see and act on issues. 

Just this morning the team can no longer see new issues appear in the board (they get created into the open status). We can see issues in the other status but not open. 

Why would this be and how do I resolve it. 

4 answers

2 votes
Sean Collier June 23, 2021

I heard back from Atlassian on this issue. The short answer is that a standard workboard can only "display" 1000 issues at a time. After that, the board will just stop showing the newest issues. 

We stumbled into this because one of our administrators did a mass update of issues to re-assign them from an employee that was leaving to a different employee. Including issues that were resolved (complete & canceled). When doing this JIRA automatically updates the last updated date for an issue. Thereby bringing months or years old issues back to "current" from the board display perspective. 

This was really frustrating as we cant choose to ignore this rule for resolved issues where 90% of the volume was. Nor could we choose to omit the completed or canceled statuses from the board in order to get around the 1000 issue limit. 

Most frustrating was that nowhere in the UI was there an indication that we had reached this limit and we were missing some issues from board visibility. WTF Atlassian?

1 vote
Oussama BOUZEKRI March 17, 2022

Hi,

Is it any update for this issue ?

0 votes
David Blank
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2023

Hi @Sean Collier I was facing a similar issue with my business project and was able to get the issues to display. My problem was that in my workflow I had the Status Category for "Open" set to "Done" which causes issues to drop off the board after two weeks of being done. Once I changed the Category on my Open Status to To Do, my issues showed up. 

Here's what is looks like in my workflow:

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 3.56.32 PM.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Hey Sean,

I am seen others say something similar recently. 

@Jane Yeoh  - beginning to sound like a bug with the board somewhere. 

Hi John, 

Where are you seeing these other posts? I would love to see what those folks are working with. This is a huge issue for us today!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Thanks @John Funk

I agree those issues sound a lot alike. Our issue has only been happening for about a day. I wonder if there is some rolling update that Atlassian is making to the Jira Work Management style project boards?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

That's what I am suspicious of. 

Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2021

I'm having trouble reproducing this, but the team is looking into this so hopefully we'll have an update for you shortly.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events