Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to add the Sub-Task Original estimate in Parent Task?

Hi,
Is it possible to add the Original Estimate of Sub Task in the Parent Task?

I have multiple sub tasks for each parent task and would like to add the sub-tasks original estimate to be get added in the Parent task.

I tried Automation, but didn't got any success. 

Any idea, is it possible in Jira Work Management?

Regards,
Anwar Shaikh

2 answers

0 votes
Curt Holley Community Leader Dec 22, 2021

All you need do to get sub-tasks original estimate and time tracking to sum-up into their parent story is....use the original estimate (and time tracking) of the sub-tasks. The story will show the progress in the time tracking section. Note: it doesn't ever populate the original estimate field (though automation inspired by @Fabian Lim link could be used to achieve that, if need be.

In the below example (screenshot of the parent story) I have added 1d original estimates to 2 sub-tasks and recorded 1h in the time tracking of one of those sub-tasks. Jira is summing the estimates and subtracting the effort on the story. Note: ensure the "include sub-tasks" checkbox is ticked.

time2.png

0 votes
Fabian Lim Community Leader Dec 22, 2021

Hi @Mohammed Anwar Shaikh

Take a look at this video tutorial where you can switch story points to original estimate: https://youtu.be/PROcxEOMyGM

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Work Management

Lessons from Vilius Zigmantas’ path to Continuous Process Improvement at GeoComply

“Organizations are made of people who create and follow processes which are constantly changing and are in need to be supported and nurtured… this is the spot where I realized I can br...

1,709 views 9 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you