Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In List View, how to add custom created columns (in jira work management project)

Ankit Bhandari July 9, 2024

I am currently using a Jira work management project, the project is company managed business project type. We have just recently migrated to Jira and have around 50+ projects associated under this company managed business project type umbrella.

I created 2 custom fields

jira 2.jpg

Also these 2 custom fields are associated with mostly all the screen and projects that i am using.

I am trying to add these custom fields as a column in my project. but i am not getting the option

jira 3.jpg

I was doing research on this and came across this post

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Adding-Custom-Fields-to-the-New-List-View-in-Jira/qaq-p/1648403

jira 4.jpg

this person stated it can be done but not stated much detail, i have commented him as well. Also most answers are pointing out to this article

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/customize-your-list-by-adding-or-removing-fields/

honestly this article is of no help, if anyone has a viable solution and can help, much appreciated

my current plan is standard

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2024

Hi Ankit - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yeah, the article shows which fields are support, but doesn't explicitly say which ones are not. But you can infer that by the ones that are missing. Such as Cascading fields. So, in other words, no Cascading fields are not supported for the List screen yet. 

Here is a the request that you can vote for and follow:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-38

Ankit Bhandari July 9, 2024

Thanks for the reply, well didn't expect but got the same answer from gemini (bard). was trying chatgpt earlier but it was giving garbage stepsbard.jpg

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2024

Yeah ChatGPT is not good for a lot of Jira things. 

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 9, 2024

Hi @Ankit Bhandari

welcome to the community.

As already suggested, Cascading Select fields are not currently supported in Jira's list view.

If you're looking for an immediate resolution and are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a range of advanced features - including support for (configurable) issue hierarchiesissue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting - and works across any number of projects.

Plus, it supports all custom field types, including Cascading Select fields.

This is how it looks in action:

cascading-select.gif

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Armitha Reddy Toorpu Ceema
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2024

Screenshot (445).pngScreenshot (446).pngHi @Ankit Bhandari ,

If my understanding is correct that is achievable.

First, go to your project and select the 'List' option. After selecting the 'List' option, you will see a '+' option. Click on '+', scroll down, and you will see the 'Create a new field' option. Select it, create a new field, and add it to the column.

Please find the screenshots for your reference.

NOTE:- Please do accept the answer if it helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Armitha Reddy Toorpu Ceema,

Atlassian Engineer.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2024

Hi @Armitha Reddy Toorpu Ceema  - you are saying Cascading fields can be added to the list screen? Can you share a screen shot of that after it is added? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events