Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding Custom Fields to the New List View in Jira

Wondering if anyone knows how you add a field to show in the new List view for a Classic Business Project.

I have a field that I created and we imported our project from an old site and I noticed the some fields were available and other custom fields were not. 

I tried looking in the Project settings and Field Scheme but not really sure since I couldn't find any documentation on this new List view.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 5.38.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-25 at 5.41.25 PM.png

8 answers

Same here, not even drop-down is being picked up by the List View

yes, I also just made the same unfortunate discovery. How can we attract Atlassian's attention to change this? :) 

At current it’s looks to be only picking custom fields that are Single Text Fields.

I was able to put some custom fields in the list by adding them to edit/view issue screen.

--- what's worked ---

Text Field (single line)
Text Field (multi-line)
Select List (multiple choices)
Select List (single choice)
Url Field
Date Picker
Date Time Picker
User Picker

-- what's not working ---

Number Field
Checkboxes
Team
Version Picker
Color of Epic
Labels
UUID Field
Message Custom Field
Radio Buttons

Same problem. wanted to see custom labels in list view and it's not available.

Same as above. Thanks, @Ales Olasz  I was wondering why some custom fields showed up in list view, but not others.

Found this: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/view-your-work-in-a-list/

Project admins can set up custom fields that can be used in your list view, although only a limited set of custom field types are supported at the moment. You can currently only add single-line text fields, URLs, and user types. Learn more about setting up custom fields.

Mila Lesh I'm New Here Jun 16, 2021

As much as that article seems promising, I'm still not having any luck in getting custom fields to appear as an option in the Work Management List view. Did you have any success?

1 vote

Same problem for me - I have added an "amount" column and cannot see how to get it to appear in the list of "SHOW THESE FIELDS".

I have the same problem in Jira Work Management, and not only with custom fields - I'd like to add Epic Link to my List View and sadly I can't!

According to this page: 
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/customize-your-list-by-adding-or-removing-fields/

"Jira Work Management currently only supports a limited set of custom field types at the moment."

So custom fields that don't have the types that listed in the page below, will not show in the pulldown menu.

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 11.18.46.png

Apparently "More custom fields will be added over time to give you and your team more flexibility in viewing specific information in your list."

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

217 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you