Adding Custom Fields to the New List View in Jira

ahernandez March 25, 2021

Wondering if anyone knows how you add a field to show in the new List view for a Classic Business Project.

I have a field that I created and we imported our project from an old site and I noticed the some fields were available and other custom fields were not. 

I tried looking in the Project settings and Field Scheme but not really sure since I couldn't find any documentation on this new List view.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 5.38.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-25 at 5.41.25 PM.png

10 answers

5 votes
Ales Olasz May 27, 2021

Same here, not even drop-down is being picked up by the List View

Till Kothe October 8, 2021

yes, I also just made the same unfortunate discovery. How can we attract Atlassian's attention to change this? :) 

3 votes
Paul Johnstone April 13, 2021

At current it’s looks to be only picking custom fields that are Single Text Fields.

2 votes
Arun Mj September 14, 2021

I was able to put some custom fields in the list by adding them to edit/view issue screen.

--- what's worked ---

Text Field (single line)
Text Field (multi-line)
Select List (multiple choices)
Select List (single choice)
Url Field
Date Picker
Date Time Picker
User Picker

-- what's not working ---

Number Field
Checkboxes
Team
Version Picker
Color of Epic
Labels
UUID Field
Message Custom Field
Radio Buttons

Rosana Casilli October 26, 2021

Hi @Arun Mj what did you do to show the custom field in the list view?

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2023

Hi all,

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian, you may want to check out the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields - including any custom fields - much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. In a sense, JXL has a few things in common with the list view; however, JXL comes with heaps of advanced features (such as support for configurable issue hierarchies, sum ups, or conditional formatting), plus it works in - and across! - projects of all types (not just Jira Work Management). This is how it looks in action:

jxl-basics.gif

JXL integrates into the project sidebar (or top-bar, in Jira Work Management) - making it easily discoverable to all team members - and many of our customers successfully use it as an extension to Jira's built-in list and table views.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes 

1 vote
Levan September 12, 2021

Same problem. wanted to see custom labels in list view and it's not available.

1 vote
Tracy Smith June 1, 2021

Same as above. Thanks, @Ales Olasz  I was wondering why some custom fields showed up in list view, but not others.

Found this: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/view-your-work-in-a-list/

Project admins can set up custom fields that can be used in your list view, although only a limited set of custom field types are supported at the moment. You can currently only add single-line text fields, URLs, and user types. Learn more about setting up custom fields.

Mila Lesh June 16, 2021

As much as that article seems promising, I'm still not having any luck in getting custom fields to appear as an option in the Work Management List view. Did you have any success?

1 vote
Andrew Ferry (Test) May 26, 2021

Same problem for me - I have added an "amount" column and cannot see how to get it to appear in the list of "SHOW THESE FIELDS".

Colin Raichle November 10, 2022

Try renaming to "amount 1" then find the field, then rename.

Jira doesn't like short field names.

0 votes
Tiffany Davis July 1, 2022

Curious as to why Components isn't an option in this list...? This makes work management more difficult for teams, not easier.

0 votes
Katarzyna Kupidura-Pawlik October 12, 2021

I have the same problem in Jira Work Management, and not only with custom fields - I'd like to add Epic Link to my List View and sadly I can't!

0 votes
Deleted user October 8, 2021

According to this page: 
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/customize-your-list-by-adding-or-removing-fields/

"Jira Work Management currently only supports a limited set of custom field types at the moment."

So custom fields that don't have the types that listed in the page below, will not show in the pulldown menu.

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 11.18.46.png

Apparently "More custom fields will be added over time to give you and your team more flexibility in viewing specific information in your list."

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events