Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the default workflow on the board for new users?

Ahmet Fatih Ayyıldız February 22, 2024

We are using different workflows for Epics and Custom Issue Types. 

In our Board, we always view the workflow of Epics as it reflects the general milestones.

Our problem is that every new Jira user has to manually change the workflows in their Board, as shown in the screenshot.

Is there a way to make this "Epic" workflow default for our Board view for every new user?

changing workflow.png

Any insight or similar experience would help a lot, thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Hi Ahmet,

I don't know if a way right at the top of my head. Maybe it has something to do with the order of the Issue Types in your Issue Type Scheme - what order are they there ? And maybe the same in your Workflow Scheme. Can you share of screenshots of those? 

Hello John,

Thank you for your response. 

Order seems fine, but I just realized there is a "Default Issue Type" option. Maybe it would solve my issue if I set it to Epic.

Not really sure if it is related to the Board view, but I guess worth a try :)

default issue type.png

Setting "Epic" as the "Default Issue Type" made its workflow in the board view default as well! 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Great! Glad to hear. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events