Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get custom filters from custom fields to appear in the filter tool?

Josh Kelley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 23, 2023

I created a custom field called "assignees" so that I can assign multiple people to a single task.  I then created a custom filter to accomplish the task of the pre-existing "assigned to me" filter, and called it "assignees include me" (see attachment 1). 

Attachment 1.png

This custom filter works as intended, but I am wondering how I get it to show up in the other filter tool (see attachment 2).

Attachment 2.png

2 answers

0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2023

Hello, Good day. You can also create a Jira software project board and use JQL to filter the issues from JWM project on a Jira software project. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2023

You don't need to create a new project for this.

Yes, if you have the Jira Software product then you can create a Saved filter for the Work Management project and create a new board from that saved filter. However that board cannot have its Location set to the Work Management project, and such a board presents quite a bit differently from the built-in Work Management project boards.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2023

Hello @Josh Kelley 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

The Business/Work Management project filter does not appear to currently support a User Picker (Multiple) field at this time. It does support a User Picker (Single) field.

I have not found a change request in the public Atlassian backlog for that, but you could ask your Jira Administrator to contact Atlassian support directly to ask if such a change request exists.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events