How can I remove the 'Status' field from the 'create issue' screen?

Diederik August 31, 2022

Since recently all my projects have a "Status" field showing up when creating a new issues. It seems to occur for all issue types in all projects. 

Upon creating a new issue, the issue should just go to the initial status. And indeed, the shown dropdown doesn't allow any other status. Hence, functionality is not impacted. it's just that this is pure clutter and confusing to users.

I've checked available settings for Fields, Screens, Issue layout.

Using Jira Cloud, Company-managed projects. 

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 16.57.20.png

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Diederik,

It is a recent feature, as far as I know you can't disable it. There is a related suggestion: Ability to enable/disable the new status dropdown in the create issue view by project , you can upvote and watch it to be updated. You can also see Amira Badran last comment where you can book some time with the product manager to share your use case.

Hope this helps!

- Manon

Diederik August 31, 2022

Hi @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_ ,

Thanks for your feedback. Too bad we're stuck with it for now. Let's hope this suggestion quickly becomes an implemented feature. 

Cheers!

Like # people like this
Stijn September 1, 2022

I agree, it's a terrible bug disguised as a "feature" and it's actively disrupting our processes. So little concern for power users that actually configure Jira properly. To release something this disruptive without even a single word of communication is a terrible way to deal with paying customers.

Alas for us Europeans there is no way to get heard, unless I'm willing to have a call with Amira at 3am...

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events